How to prevent kidney cysts with natural remedies
Kidney cysts are pouches or sacs that consists of fluids and are usually located on the surface on kidneys. Simple cysts and polycystic kidney disease (PKD) are its two forms. PKD requires immediate medical intervention under all circumstances as they can severely influence the kidney functions and even lead to kidney failure if left untreated. On the other hand, simple cysts are typically harmless, but if they grow, they might cause some bothersome symptoms that need prompt attention.
After getting appropriate kidney cyst treatments, there is a chance that the condition might occur again. Therefore self-management for this condition is equally imperative. Here are some tips that can help you avert the episodes of kidney cysts from occurring again.
- Get hydrated Having plenty of water will aid the kidneys to function properly. Based on your body weight, ensure to have sufficient amounts of hydrating fluids. This will assist in the proper elimination of toxins from the kidneys. Avoid having excessive alcohol and caffeine to avoid dehydration.
- Diet Consume a diet that is packed with fresh fruits and vegetables. The high intake of nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, etc. can improve your kidney functions as well as strengthen your overall immunity. Similarly, ensure that you monitor the protein intake in your food regime. This is because proteins can make the kidneys to work harder. This ends up straining the recovering organ and can hamper its improvement. Have a word with your specialist to figure out the best type of nutritional intake to minimize the stress on kidneys.
- Herbal teas Sipping herbal teas now and then can help soothe your kidneys by expelling toxins. Consider chamomile, dandelion root, marshmallow, corn silk, nettle leaf teas for enhanced kidney functions. You can have two to three cups daily basis.
- Quit smoking Probably the worst form of habit, smoking can stress the kidneys but augmenting the level of toxins in the body. If the kidneys are unable to eliminate these successfully, then they will aggravate the cystic condition. So, refrain from smoking as it will only have positive effects in the long run.
- Workout Some form of physical movement can energize the body organs to function better, as it helps burn fats and reduces the pressure on the kidneys. Ensure that you exercise daily at least for at least 30 minutes. You can try activities like brisk walking, cycling, swimming, simple stretching, jogging, etc. However, if you are recovering from recent kidney cyst treatments then seek permission and advice from your doctor for the best forms of physical practices.